Job offer: Expert for development cooperation
humedica e. V. is an interdenominational Christian and internationally operating organisation. Situated in Kaufbeuren (Bavaria, Germany), humedica has 41 employees and several more experts as well as managerial staff worldwide working in several branch offices.
Our worldwide engagement focuses in medical relief work after disasters.
If you are a creative team player, appreciate lean structures and flat hierarchies with corresponding development opportunities and are looking forward to engage passionately for people in need, we are happy to welcome you as soon as possible as
Expert for development cooperation
Assigned to the Department of International Projects and Programmes (IPP) you will manage our reconstruction and long-term projects in close cooperation with the head of department. You will also work closely with other departments at our headquarters such as Logistics, PR, Fundraising as well as Finance and Human Resources.
- Overall conception, planning, controlling and managing of mid-term reconstruction projects, long-term projects, family care projects and clinic cooperations in the disaster regions, where we are operating
- Conceptual development of the whole field of development cooperation as well as its subsections
- Finance management, collaboration with federal and non-federal, national and international sponsors in close cooperation with the Finance Department
- Collaboration with international co-operation partners
- Collaboration with the departments of PR and Fundraising
- Leading a team of currently 5 employees on close cooperation with the head of department
- Reporting to head of department and general management
Spontaneous and committed, you are ready to travel disaster areas. You are physically and mentally robust and have quick perception and logical thinking skills. You are used to handle difficult tasks under pressure. You combine highly developed organisational skills with conceptual thinking and are a team player.
- Relevant studies in the field of development cooperation, humanitarian relief work or regional science
- At least three years of professional experience in a comparable team leading position in the sector is indispensible
- At least one year of experience abroad and intercultural competence
- Very good English (C1) as well as basic knowledge of at least one other foreign language (preferably French and/or Spanish)
- Class 3 driving licence
Have we caught your attention?
Looking forward to facing the challenges of the job described above? We offer a modern work place in the Allgäu not far from the metropolis Munich as well the cities of Kempten and Augsburg. Team spirit and collegiality are more than phrases to us. You can look forward to a multi-faceted, demanding and varying job in a committed team as well as fair pay and supported training offerings. Initially, the contract will be valid for a limited period of twelve months. If required we provide accommodation.
We are looking forward to applications stating previous qualifications, which arouse our interest. Please apply preferably online to
humedica e. V.